AquaSource Digestive Enzymes
Vital support for better assimilation of food and nutrition
Derived from vegetable sources, this unique mixture of digestive enzymes (Amylase, Protease, Lipase, Lactase and Papain) helps support efficient breakdown of food and nutrients. For even more support, it is enriched with Lithothamnion Red Algae and AquaSource Organic Algae Superfood* to help maximise effectiveness.
Important for the breakdown and assimilation of food and nutrients, enzymes are needed for digestion. Without sufficient enzymes, eating will place a strain on the body and deplete its resources. They help to prevent bloating and indigestion andhelp combat the effects of processed and preserved foods.
AquaSource Digestive Enzymes are a unique mixture of Amylase, Protease, Lipase, Lactase and Papain derived from vegetable sources. This mixture is enriched with Lithothamnion Red Algae and our own AquaSource Organic Algae Superfood* to help maximise effective nutritional value.
Unique Enzyme Combination
- Amylase – Amylase is an enzyme that breaks down starch, converting it into sugar. Starch naturally contains glucose. Amylase breaks up and separates the various bonds within starch, extracting the sugar so that it can be used by the body.
- Lipase – Lipase is a water-soluble enzyme that helps break down fats so they can be absorbed by the intestine.
- Lactase - Lactose is a sugar found in dairy products. Lactase is the enzyme needed to digest, or break down the sugar, so it can be absorbed in the small intestine. Lactase is produced naturally in the human body, but some people do not produce enough lactase to completely digest lactose. Undigested lactose may cause upset stomach, bloating, abdominal cramps, gas and diarrhea.
- Papain - Papain is an enzyme which is found naturally in unripe papayas. It helps to digest and absorb protein from meat. Many Latin American cultures have used papain for centuries. The oldest historic use of papain is as a meat tenderiser. The enzyme helps to break down the tough bands between fibres in muscle tissue.
- Lithothamnion Red Algae - High in calcium and contains a range of other minerals & trace elements.
- AquaSource Organic Algae Superfood* - From the Upper Klamath Lake – one of the purest and most mineral-rich algae in the world. Our proprietary BioActive Dehydration® process ensures maximum nutritional value.
Naturally provided by our ingredients
- Natural source enzymes that help break down starch, fat and protein for better digestion and nutrition absorption.
- Lactase contributes to better digestion of dairy products.
- Includes Lithothamnion Red Algae, which naturally provides calcium.
- Includes AquaSource Organic Algae, which contains Vitamin B12, which helps reduce fatigue and tiredness.
*See Superfood details